My Fifth Month:

August 5th to September 4, 2001

I went for my fourth month check-up.  (7th)  I am 15 pounds 2 1/2 ounces and 25 inches long.  That's about the 70th or 75th percentile.  Pretty good, huh!?   I got two "picks" today.  I only cried for about 30 seconds.   Then I took my pacifier--aaaah. 

Burlington Vermont broke a record for temperature today.  (9th)  It was 99 degrees!  Whew!  Luckily, we talked Daddy into putting an air conditioner in Casey's room downstairs where we hang out a lot.  He had to cut a board to make it fit and prop it up.  And we have a sleeping bag hanging in the doorway since there is no door there.  Casey sleeps really well now.  I was always lucky because I sleep with Mommy and Daddy and they have air conditioning.  I do not like to be hot!   My OT came this morning.  I like Lori.  She can make me laugh.  She plays with me.  This afternoon Tami came.  She is my speech therapist.  She brings all sorts of things for me to chew on.  Then, the girls from next door came over to play Lucky Ducks with Casey.  I was kind of grumpy and hungry so I didn't play with them much.

I am a swimmer!  (10th)  I swam in the big boy pool at Raquet's Edge with Casey!  Daddy, Aunt Chris, Nurse Judy and Mommy went with us.  Judy and Aunt Chris went in with Casey so Daddy took me in.  I LOVE it!  He had me on my back and I flung out my arms and kicked and kicked and kicked--you get the idea!  I cried when Mommy took me out.  They let me go back in a little while later.  I don't think Casey was too thrilled to have me sharing his pool (like it's not big enough!!) but he has swimming teachers and I don't so he is happy about that.   After swimming, I promptly fell asleep.  So everyone decided it would be a good time to go out to lunch.  Aunt Chris treated everyone to lunch at Cruisers.   I slept most of the time.  Then I sat with Daddy.  I had a little of Mommy's ginger ale.  Casey got to suck on a red candy. 

Grandma and Grandpa Canosa had to go back to Florida today.  (11th)  They came over and we had a barbecue lunch and hung out.  I swang on Mommy's garden swing with Grandma and then Grandpa.  They will be back in a couple of weeks. 

I hung out at my Grandma and Grandpa O'Neills.  (12th)  We had a garage sale.   Luckily they didn't try to sell any of my stuff or Casey's.  Grandpa strolled me around the block.  I fell asleep in Grandma's arms.  It was a nice, relaxing kind of day.

I had to get two more "picks."  (13th)  I was a big, brave boy and only cried for about 10 seconds. 

I got a massage today from my teacher, Jennifer.  (16th)  She loves to give babies massages and she's very good at it.  Mommy picked up the bottle of oil to see what kind she was using and Jennifer said, "Oh, I dumped out that oil and put in plain cannola oil.  I've heard that it's much better for babies."  Mom teased me and said I smelled like fried chicken!  I liked going to the mall.    I got to ride through the whole mall in my stroller which was lots of fun.   It was so comfy that I fell asleep so Mom got to buy some shoes for Aunt Peggy's wedding.  She bought me some blue pants and an Osh Kosh white onsie to wear.   Casey got some black socks to wear with his tuxedo. 

I swam again today!  (17th)  I did get a little cranky after about a half an hour.  I hadn't had  my nap that morning.  Casey wanted to stay in for the entire day.  Mommy told him that he would look like a raisin if he did that!   This evening my Aunt Peggy came over.  She hugged me and cuddled me and helped give me my bath.  She wanted to take me to her friend's house for a sleepover.   Mommy and Daddy vetoed that.  She is getting married on September 1, 2001.   I will be at the wedding.  I will try to be a good boy.

Pretty quiet day.  (18th)  I enjoyed helping Mommy hang out laundry.   It's a beautiful day.  Nurse Judy made my hand all red.  Casey and I made a gift for MJ.  We will be seeing her next week!  I will have my first sleepover when we all stay at MJ's house before our appointment with DR Bach.  We had a cake and presents for Nurse Judy.  I tried chocolate icecream and vanilla frosting.   MMMMMMM.  I slept a little better for Mommy but most of the time I was in the bed with Mommy and Daddy.  I can't help it, I love snuggling!

I helped Mommy with laundry again and stayed in my stroller while she cleaned the house.  (19th)  I swang on the garden swing with Daddy a lot today, too.  I could stay there forever!  Grandma and Grandpa O'Neill came over for supper and played with me and Casey. 

It's been a pretty quiet week.  Lori, my OT came to play.  (23rd)  She brought a really cool rubber blow fish with lots of prickly things on it.  I sat in my boppy and played with it and chewed on it.  I also bounced on my belly on a big, orange therapy ball.  I liked it alot, as long as someone was distracting me.  I laughed and giggled.  Then I got tired and fell asleep after all that playing.   Nurse Julie and Mommy went outside with us.  I swang on my brother's swing with him.  We both loved it.  Then we all walked over to the diner and Mommy and Julie got creamies.  They shared with us.  Tammy, my SLP, came this afternoon.   She had fun stuff, too.  We played patty-cake on my face (yes, really) and I sat on this squishy thing and bounced.  Mommy blew bubbles and I helped pop them.  

babyboy-bar.gif (4766 bytes)

What I Like:

Showing off.


Sticking out my tongue.

My bath, swinging, snuggling, being outside, riding in Casey's big van, and all sorts of stuff.

babyboy-bar.gif (4766 bytes)

What I Don't Like:

Being left alone for more than five seconds.  (See, I'm getting better!)

When I am doing something and no one is watching me.

Being hot.

I'm not crazy about being on my belly.


babyboy-bar.gif (4766 bytes)

5thphotos.JPG (13438 bytes)



Hit Counter