How to Find a Swallowing Therapist

Swallowing therapists are most often speech-language pathologists, though they may also be occupational therapists or other professionals with special training in treatment of swallowing problems. To find a speech-language pathologist who is experienced in evaluating and treating swallowing problems, you can call the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association, at (800) 638-8255 or (301)897-8682 to get the names of speech-language pathologists in your area. Before scheduling an appointment, you or the patient should talk with the speech-language pathologist and ask about his or her experience in evaluating and treating swallowing problems.

Back Home Directory

Hit Counter